1 Head of Organic Romanesco, Stem Removed & Chopped into Small Pieces
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Berbere Spice Blend
3 Organic Garlic Cloves, Roasted Optional
2 Cups Chickpeas, Reserve Liquid from Can
1/2 Cup Tahini
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Organic Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 1/2 Cup Spinach (optional)
1 1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Berbere Spice Blend (3/4 Tsp for Stronger Flavor)
1 Tsp Agave
1)Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) If roasting garlic (optional), slice the top off a whole head of garlic just enough to expose cloves. Drizzle with a bit of oil and salt, wrap in aluminum foil and roast for about 40 minutes.
3) Chop romanesco into small, evenly-sized pieces. Toss in olive oil, salt and berbere to coat. Spread on sheet pan and roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender and slightly browned.
4) Remove from oven and let cool slightly before adding to blender with remaining hummus ingredients.
5) Blend hummus for 2-3 minutes, until completely smooth and creamy.
6) Taste and adjust lemon, salt and other seasoning as needed.
7) To serve, drizzle with olive oil, top with sliced radish and pea shoots.