1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup 100% pomegranate juice (like POM)
1 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
2) In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add in eggs, vegetable oil and pomegranate juice. Stir together until well combined. Stir in pomegranate seeds and rolled oats.
3) Pour batter in to lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
4) In a medium bowl stir together butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, rolled oats and pomegranate seeds until blended. Generously sprinkle on to tops of each muffin.
5) Bake in a preheated oven for 22-27 minutes until tester inserted in to the center of the muffin comes out clean.
6) Cool on wire rack.
*For a sweeter muffin increase sugar to 1 cup.