1 Pound Organic Blue lake Beans, Cleaned and Trimmed
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Ounces Bacon, Diced
1 Cup Organic Shallots, Diced Finely
6 Ounces Alba Mushrooms, Cleaned and Diced
1-2 Organic Lemons, Quartered for Juicing
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
1) Fill a large pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
2) Add beans and boil for approximately 5 minutes.
3) Drain and place into a pan of ice water.
4) In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
5) Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until brown, stirring often. Remove the bacon from the pan.
6) Add the shallots and mushrooms to the frying pan and saute for 4 minutes, or until soft, stir often.
7) Add the green beans to the pan, season with salt and pepper, mix well.
8) Add bacon to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9) Separate onto serving plates and serve immediately with lemon wedges for added flavor.
*To reheat: Place in a cast iron skillet, cover with foil and place in oven at 275 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
*Photo by The Life of Jolie