1/2 pound maitake (or any wild mushrooms of your choice)
1 ounce ground pancetta
1 tablespoon duck fat
Garnish with parsley, sea salt, and chili pepper flakes
1) Clean, dry and tear apart the mushrooms.
2) Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat, and cook pancetta until fat has rendered and pancetta is crumbly (break apart with a wooden spoon).
3) Remove pancetta, set aside, leaving fat behind.
4) Add duck fat to the pan and increase heat to medium-high. When fat is slightly smoking, add mushrooms to the pan and cook undisturbed for about 3-5 minutes until golden. Flip and cook the other side for about a minute or so.
5) Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle on minced parsley, sea salt, chili pepper flakes and crispy pancetta crumbs.