1/2 cup rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, avocado)
1 clove garlic smashed and minced
5 oz fresh spinach
1/2 tsp dried basil or try fresh!
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese plus extra for topping
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 bell peppers
fresh parsley to garnish optional
1. Cook rice in water until fluffy via your favorite method: stovetop, rice cooker, or pressure cooker.
2. Depending on method chosen this will take 10 (pressure cooker) to 20 (rice cooker + stovetop) minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Heat a skillet with oil and sauté garlic and spinach until tender and fragrant.
5. Season with basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
6. Add cheese, saving a little extra for topping if desired.
7. Stir in your rice and mix well. Remove from heat.
8. Slice your peppers in half, removing the veins, stems, and seeds.
9. Stuff liberally with cheesy spinach and rice filling.
10. Top with extra cheese (YES!) and red pepper flakes (spiiiiicy!) if desired.
11. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until hot and melty! You’ll bake them less for more crisp, al-dente peppers and a bit longer for super-soft tender peppers – the choice is yours! I baked mine around 8-10 minutes. For softer peppers, bake approx. 20 min.
12. Garnish with fresh parsley and any extras you’d like and dig in!