3-4 cloves of roasted garlic (see notes)
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
1 (1-pound) cauliflower head, broken into a few large pieces
1 tablespoon minced rosemary
4-6 tablespoons olive oil (or butter/vegan butter)
Salt & pepper
Reserve some starchy potato water
1) Roast individual cloves cloves with olive oil and salt and bake at 350 until soft (about 15 minutes).
2) Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and the cauliflower (I did them at the same time) and boil until knife-tender (until you can poke with a knife and it easily slides out). My cauliflower took about 15 minutes, while my potatoes took 25-35.
3) In a food processor, puree the cauliflower with roasted garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, rosemary, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. (Tip: this mixture can be over-flavored because it'll get mixed with the potatoes later).
4) When the potatoes are soft, remove them from the pot. Peel them (careful, they’re hot) and use a food mill, ricer, or masher, to mash them. Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, then stir the cauliflower puree into the bowl with the potatoes. Stir in a folding motion until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add ¼ cup (or so) of hot starchy potato water to help it out. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more olive oil, salt, pepper, and/or rosemary to taste.
5) Serve hot. Mine actually reheated great too - store in the fridge, microwave the next day.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!