2 heads of radicchio, quartered, so that each quarter has a bit of the stem end holding it together
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more to coat radicchio
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
3 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon mustard
Salt and black pepper
Pecorino or parmesan cheese for garnish
1) Make the dressing: Put the salt, garlic, mustard and balsamic vinegar into a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil slowly until the dressing comes together.
2) Prepare your grill for high, direct heat.
3) Coat quartered radicchio with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
4) Grill the radicchio over high heat, uncovered. Keep an eye on them, as they blacken quickly. You want a little blackening, but not a cinder. When they’re done, move to a bowl and bring inside to chop.
5) Chop the radicchio quarters into bite-sized pieces and toss with the dressing and some black pepper.
6) Serve: Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with grated pecorino or parmesan cheese.
See if you're in our to get the needed for this recipe delivered to your doorstep + use code KIWI50 for 50% off your first order!