1 cup water
1/2 cup lite soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb pork loin
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1) For the marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together the water, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
2) Cut the pork into about 1/2 to 1-inch size cubes. Place in the marinade and cover. (Alternatively, you can pour the marinade and pork in a large gallon-size baggie and seal.) Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 48 hours.
3) Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple. Cut the outer layer of the pinepple off. Slice in half and remove the core. Chop into 1/2 inch cubes. Wash and chop the remaining veggies (belle peppers and onion) into 1/2 inch slices.
4) Remove the marinade and pork from the fridge. Assemble the pineapple, pork and veggies on the skewers, one at a time. It doesn’t matter in which order you put them on, any order will work. Spoon a little bit of the marinade over each of the kebabs. Discard the remaining marinade.
5) Turn the grill on to low-medium heat. Place the kebabs on the grill and allow to cook for about 5-10 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the pork is cooked all the way through and the pineapple has just begun to caramelize. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.