> Easy Mandarin Cake
Recipe: Easy Mandarin Cake
2 ¼ cups Flour
2 Teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
¾ cups sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 cups mandarins plus juice
1 Mandarin for garnishing
The cream topping:
⅔ cup or 5 oz or 150 ml fresh whipping cream (heavy cream)
3 Teaspoons Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Set oven to 350 F
2. Grease & flour your baking tin. - Rub some butter all over the insides of your tin, then put a spoonful of flour in the centre of one, roll the tin around so the flour sticks to the tin, tip the excess flour into the next tin and do the same. Discard the excess flour.
3. Get everything ready to make the cake. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside, and weigh out the mandarins.
4. In the mixer bowl, add the oil & 3 eggs, sugar and mandarins. Beat until all combined.
5. On a slow speed, mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture. When it is all combined, add another ⅓. Combine on a slow speed.
6. With a metal spoon, gently fold in the remaining ⅓ of the flour into the cake mix. Be patient, fold gently so you incorporate air and not cause the cake to end up with a 'rubbery' texture.
7. Pour the batter evenly into the cake pan and place in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes. Use the clean toothpick test to check your cake is done.
8. When the cake is ready, take out of the oven and leave for 2 minutes to relax in the pan. Turn out of the pan on a cooling rack. Allow to completely cool.
9. Whip up the fresh cream, adding some powdered / icing sugar if you wish for a sweeter cream.
10. Then when the cream is stiff, spread over the top of the cake and arrange the mandarin slices to your liking. Serve when you are ready!