2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (12.4-oz.) can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1 cup small diced apples (peeled or unpeeled)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Pour the melted butter into a 9-inch round cake pan.
3) Separate the can of cinnamon roll dough into 8 rolls then cut each roll into 8 pieces. (Reserve the icing.) Alternately arrange the chopped cinnamon rolls and the chopped apples in an even layer in the baking dish.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour the custard mixture over the cinnamon rolls and apples.
5) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is golden brown and the custard is cooked through. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
6) Drizzle it with the reserved icing then slice and serve.