Hello all and Happy Delivery Day!
A special thank you goes out to everyone who came to the Webster Street Jam in Alameda this past weekend. We really enjoyed meeting you all! If you entered to win a free box of produce, check your e-mail later this week. The winner will also be announced on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
The produce looked great this morning. Deliveries were en route and finished a little early today so be sure to get your produce in the fridge as soon as possible. Par usual, Tuesday is a great day around the GGO office. Today’s goodies have been keeping us full throughout the day. The heirloom tomatoes were, again, looking gorgeous and ready to eat! If you received oranges this week, make sure you have a napkin handy because they sure are juicy! Also, check out how beautiful the Orchid Watermelon was this morning!
One of my favorite items in today’s box is the fresh oregano. Fresh herbs are always the best choice. If you haven’t cooked with fresh herbs before, it may be hard to know how much exactly you should use. Here are some fantastic tips for cooking with fresh oregano. Enjoy…
Oregano Cooking Tips
• Strip leaves from the stem and discard the stem.
• Oregano can become overpowering and bitter if too much is used on foods with mild flavor. Taste as you go.
• Oregano goes well in just about any tomato dish. It also complements meats and vegetables with dominant flavors such as chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, and lamb.
• 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano = 1 teaspoon dried.
• 1 ounce fresh oregano = 1/2 cup chopped.
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano = 1 teaspoon liquid oregano.
tips courtesy of About.com