Dear Golden Gate Organics Family,
The safety and wellbeing of our customers is our utmost priority. We wanted to let you know that we are taking the developments of the Coronavirus very seriously, and as further precautions, have added the following measures to our regular safety standards for handling food and best management practices to ensure the safest produce possible. Please also refer to the CDC website regarding Coronavirus best practices.
1. Employees will continue to wear gloves while hand selecting your produce and packing your boxes.
2. Employees are required to wear protective face masks while on premises.
3. All surfaces are triple cleaned daily with disinfectant.
4. We have instituted a 6ft personal space requirement for all employees.
5. Produce is generally packed at the farms and is not handled until it reaches our facility.
6. Effective this week, we are no longer picking up old produce boxes to recycle them at our facilities, to further ensure the utmost safety of your organic produce delivery. Until further notice we are asking all customers to please recycle all used produce boxes at home.
We recommend you take the following precautionary actions regarding your produce deliveries:
1. Dispose of all used boxes in the appropriate recycling container.
2. Rinse your produce immediately after receiving. Dry it. Then place it into the refrigerator. Don’t take it out until the day you are going to eat it. (Of course this will ensure freshness too!)
3. Rinse your produce thoroughly before cooking or eating.
In addition to freshness and highest quality, we believe that produce from a local organic farm is the safest food we can consume. And we here at Golden Gate Organics are doing everything that it stays that way. Thank you for being a Golden Gate Organics customer. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us. We appreciate your support of local organic farms, now, and always. We will get through this together.
Corey Tufts, Founder