Honestly thinking of California almost begs the word organic. It’s the final frontier for organic foods, fresh ingredients coming straight from the Earth over here in Nor-Cal, and you can’t beat the seasonal produce here, from avocados to zucchini and everything in between. But the question remains:
Where Do We Find the Best California Organic Farms to Get the Local Produce We Need?
Small local farms are like diamonds in the rough, and it’s not like its super convenient to drive to the closest small farms to grab seasonal organic produce, right? But thankfully right here in the Bay Area is where we have everything you need to know about the best local northern California organic farms out there. Check it out:
- Cal-Organic — Clever name. Even cleverer organization with what they have to offer as far as California organic produce goes. Want to know more about them? Click here.
- Driscoll’s — You’ll adore this particular fruit Driscoll’s loves to specialize in. Care to know what organic fruit they focus on? Check it out.
- Homegrown Organic Farms — Homegrown and organic should be synonymous with family, and here’s why.
- Forbidden Fruit Orchards — There’s nothing ‘forbidden’ about these fruits, though, and you’ll find out why by checking this out right now.
- Drake Larson Farm — Here’s one California organic farm known for this particular fruit growing on a vine (no shocker since we’re in Cali). Read about them right here.
- Sundance Natural Foods Company — We’ve got two different organic fruits here with this organization, and here’s what they are and why Sundance is the cream of the crop.
- Tomatero Organic Farm — We’ve just got two words for you on this farm, and you can sprinkle in some basil while you’re at it. Check out why this California organic farm makes the grade here.
- Lakeside Organic Gardens — We’re talking big. Massive. The scope of these gardens will blow you away. Want to find out just how big?
And Believe It or Not, That’s Just a Shred of the Northern California Organic Farms available!
All you need to do is check out our local organic farms page detailing all the best local organic farms here in Northern California. We’ve got the websites, the breakdowns, and some juicy photos of some of the best seasonally local organic produce you could ever possibly imagine. They’re just in Northern California. So take a trip…. or, if you live here in the Bay Area, sample these local farms and many others with seasonally local organic produce deliveries from Golden Gate Organics. Or, if you’ve never tried a Bay Area organic produce delivery service before then read this to find out how to use the service and what to expect.